‘The outreach team working across 62 local schools, has developed creative and successful ways of supporting a wide range of pupils.’ OFSTED 2017
Support can be offered to Wandsworth Primary children in school and is provided by a member of our teaching staff. Following a referral and the identification that the pupil needs in school support a meeting with the school and family will be arranged to agree the relevant support intervention.
Pupil’s support may take the form of:
- direct teaching or mentoring for approximately 45 minutes- 1 hour, usually on a weekly basis, in the pupil’s school.
- Modelling for support and teaching staff
- attendance at TAC meetings
- Termly reports
- Development of resources
- Referrals for additional support
- Alternatively, support can also be provided indirectly in the form of advice and consultation to school staff or in a combination of the two models.
- Outreach support is generally available for two terms (12 weeks)
- Progress is reviewed at the end of each term.
- Learning Mentor support to overcome the barriers to learning, including attendance issues, bereavement, low self esteem etc.
Explore our What We Do Section
Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
78 Victoria Drive
Contact: Sarah Parmenter
Phone: 020 8780 2360