Moderate Learning Difficulties
The Service for Moderate Learning Diifficulties works with mainstream primary schools to support pupils who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) for MLD or who are likely to need one in the future. Criteria for acceptance onto the MLD caseload are:
- EHCP specifying MLD or global cognitive difficulties/delay
- Having diagnosed MLD or global cognitive delay or very low scores on assessments (by Paediatrician, Educational or Clinical Psychologist), but do not yet have an EHCP
Support can include:
- Assessment of need
- Advice and consultation on inclusion and differentiation strategies and setting and reviewing targets
- Report writing for EHCPs and participation in Annual Reviews for pupils with Down Syndrome.
- Additional support includes devising and producing bespoke materials to address specific areas of need.
- Workshops for class teachers, SENCOs and LSAs in the MLD learning profile, including supporting communication, inclusion and differentiation strategies.
For enquiries regarding referrals please contact Sarah Parmenter, Bursar on 0208 780 2360 or at email@example.com.
Please click on the image below to view the Victoria Drive Pupil Referral Unit Moderate Learning Disabilities Brochure
Please click here for up to date information on our upcoming events
Thank you to all of those who attended our last meeting and for your wonderful comments:
‘Impact of activity ideas for LSAs / TAs who work directly with children is really good’
‘The most valuable part of the workshop was possible future activities for 1;1 work’
‘I thought the workshop was very well organised’
Explore our What We Do Section
Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
78 Victoria Drive
Contact: Sarah Parmenter
Phone: 020 8780 2360