CAMHS based at Victoria Drive PRU
The CAMHS service at Victoria Drive PRU includes a Counselling Psychologist and Clinical Psychologist, who are employed by the NHS.
This service is available to all children who are being supported by Victoria Drive PRU, as well as their families and professionals working with the child. The CAMHS worker works with these different groups of people to help them find the best possible way to manage their difficulties, develop skills and build on strengths so that they can manage problems better in the future.
Each child and each family is different and may be trying to tackle a wide range of problems. The sorts of things that often trouble children include:
- worries and fears
- feeling unhappy or distressed
- problems with eating or sleeping
- difficulty managing their anger
- problems with relationships
The support provided by the CAMHs team at Victoria Drive PRU includes:
- Psychological support for pupils and their families who are already known to the service.
- Cognitive Assessments
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy individual sessions and groups
- Attendance at Team Around the Child meetings
- Report writing following assessments and support
- In school training
- In school advice
Explore our What We Do Section
Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
78 Victoria Drive
Contact: Sarah Parmenter
Phone: 020 8780 2360