Victoria Drive PRU and Support Services
Victoria Drive Pupil Referral Unit provides teaching support for primary aged pupils attending Wandsworth Primary Schools who have been identified by their schools as having Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SENDs). The pupil’s main needs are Social, Emotional & Mental Health Difficulties (SEMHD). The different types of support offered by this Service are:-
Victoria Drive PRU:
- Small group teaching sessions at the PRU for SEN Support pupils -KS1, KS2 , Nurture group
- Outreach in-school support for SEN Support pupils.
- Learning Mentor support for SEN Support pupils.
- 1:1 Teaching sessions for specific needs.
- Nurture group project for Reception and KS1 pupils
- Bespoke Learning packages for pupils requiring additional support.
- Advice & Consultation for SENCo, Teacher and Teaching Assistant
- Telephone consultations of advice.
- Team Around the Child (TAC) and Network Meetings support.
- Support to Head Teachers.
- Family Support, including home visits and sign posting for further support agencies
- Links with External agencies e.g. Future Skills
- Funding Support
- Support with transitions from placements
- Termly reports for all pupils accessing support from the service
- Report writing in support of Education, Health Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Play Therapy sessions via referral
- Football Beyond Borders; developing self regulation through Football
- Stay and Play sessions on Friday afternoons
- Support with Managed Moves
- Training for staff in schools
- Joined up thinking with external agencies via observations
- Sharing resources
- Multi-Agency Team working
- Pupils usually access support for two terms, but this can be negotiable depending on the needs of the pupil. If a school requests a Statement or EHCP for a particular pupil, supporting reports and information will be provided by the key worker.
- Therapeutic rooms
Starting to use the Service/Activity:
- The Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) or Inclusion Manager from a school telephones or emails Victoria Drive PRU to request a Referral Form.
- The form is emailed to the school to be completed by the member of staff who best knows the pupil, in conjunction with the parent/carer and the pupil themselves.
- When the completed form is returned, a member of the Victoria Drive team arranges to observe the pupil in school and then the case is presented at the Referral Panel in order to agree the type of support needed.
- The school and parent/carer are contacted so that arrangements can be made for the initial meeting and the support for the pupil can start.
- Pupils who will be attending Victoria Drive PRU are invited for an initial admissions meeting to visit.
Regular telephone and email contact is maintained between the Victoria Drive, the pupil’s school and the parent/carer. This is in addition to a termly review meeting, which is usually held at the pupil’s school, and TAC meetings. Schools and other services involved with the pupil and their family are always welcome to hold meetings at Victoria Drive PRU.
Victoria Drive PRU is built on one level. There is wheelchair access to the building and there are disabled facilities in the building.
Where required, an interpreter or sign language can be arranged or documents provided in alternative formats.
Telephone: 020 8780 2360
General Office e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher’s e-mail: email@example.com
Deputy Head Teacher’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Availability: 7.45am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Cost: No cost
Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit, 78 Victoria Drive, London. SW19 6HR
Age Range: 5 – 11 years
Explore our What We Do Section
Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
78 Victoria Drive
Contact: Sarah Parmenter
Phone: 020 8780 2360