What we do
What types of support does Victoria Drive offer?
- Small Group teaching sessions at the PRU
- In-School outreach teaching support
- Advice and Consultation
- Learning Mentor Support
- TAC and Network Meetings support
- Support to Head Teachers
- Sports Mentor Support
The pupils who receive the above types of support have been identified by their schools as having Special Educational Needs (SEN), but they do not have an Education, Health & Care Plan’ (EHCP). Many pupils manage to make good progress and move back to school without further support. Some pupils, due to their many and complex needs, go on to have an EHCP.
On average, 25% of the pupils we work with go on to have a request made for an EHCP or to actually have an EHCP.
- Moderate Learning Disabilities (MLD)
The pupils who receive MLD support can have Special Educational Needs (SEN) without having an EHCP but must have an Educational Psychologist’s report before the team can work with the child.
- Highly Specialist Counselling Psychologist support and Clinical Psychologist support (NHS CAMHS based at the PRU).
The pupils who receive this support may or may not have an EHCP for Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties.
Their families can access this support as well.
- Education and Health Care Plans support (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties – SEMHD)
Explore our What We Do Section
Victoria Drive Primary Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
78 Victoria Drive
Contact: Sarah Parmenter
Phone: 020 8780 2360